header 1
header 2
header 3


Beach Elementary School was built in 1897 on the corner of Detroit Road and Morewood Parkway.  The school was named in honor of Clifford Beach, who donated 3 acres for the building and school grounds.  Morewood was not developed at that time, and the school was surrounded by woods on the west and north sides.  It was the first large, two-story brick school built in Rocky River.

The first Beach School was completely torn down in order to build a larger school building on the same property.  The replacement school was completed in 1931.  In 1963, a large addition was built on to the east side of the building.

Reference: Rocky River, Ohio (Images of America) - Carol Lestock, author